Last Updated on May 13, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier
| 0 comments
- For reading, place lamp alongside your shoulder, with the bottom of the lamp shade even with your head. Extra tall lamps should be moved back two feet if possible.
- Use several lamps in a living room to avoid shadows and dark areas. (One standard lamp will illuminate 40-50 square feet.)
- Desk lamps should focus light on the work surface and be adjustable. The light should be about 15 inches from your desktop.
- You generally want to position the lamp 36 inches or less from the item to be lit.
- Be sure your lamp is proportional to your room and furniture. (e.g. A small end table should only hold a small lamp.)
- Chandeliers should hang approximately 30 inches above your tabletop and be 6 inches narrower than your table on each side.