Lighting Tips Lamp Placement
Posted on May 13, 2015 by Ed Lecciones | 0 comments
- For reading, place lamp alongside your shoulder, with the bottom of the shade even with your head. Extra tall lamps should be moved back two feet if possible.
- Use several lamps in a room to avoid shadows and dark areas. (One standard lamp will illuminate 40-50 square feet.)
- Desk lamps should focus light on the work surface and be adjustable. The light should be about 15 inches from your desktop.
- You generally want to position the lamp 36 inches or less from the item to be lit.
- Be sure your lamp is proportional to your room and furniture. (e.g. A small end table should only hold a small lamp.)
- Chandeliers should hang approximately 30 inches above your tabletop and be 6 inches narrower than your table on each side.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on June 19, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Why should you upgrade your lighting? The answer is simple; because it pays you back BIG when it is time to sell. Why not let the next buyer of your home pay for your lighting? Plus you get the added benefit of enjoying a fine living experience. What's there not to love?
Posted on June 18, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Making your living room or family room the most comfortable, relaxing place in your home is everyone’s goal. Should be easy, right? However, we all know that creating a spot to relax takes a lot of work! Living rooms get more use than any other room in the house and need to be able to flex to accommodate multiple needs without requiring a great deal of effort. With this in mind, here are some great idea generators and solutions that will assist with making your living room the center of comfort, laughter, relaxation and making memories!
Posted on June 08, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Aging eyes are only half as effective as a younger pair. Older eyes have trouble seeing distances, distinguishing colors and looking at small fonts and other details. The glare that younger people do not mind is a major setback for older people because of their sensitivity to it. All these complications come along with age. Proper lighting becomes the most important tool to help seniors maintain their active lifestyle. Inadequate lighting makes it harder to do daily tasks and can be really unsafe. With a few adjustments, seniors can see better, live safer and happier lives. First let’s look at what is happening to our eyes as we age.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Browse All Products
View all Browse All Products
$95.99 $157.99 A few left!
$79.99 $169.99 In StockQuickShip
$49.99 $63.99 In StockQuickShip
$59.99 $79.99 In StockQuickShip
$59.99 $79.99 A few left!QuickShip
$39.99 $120.00 In StockQuickShip
View all Browse All Products
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog