Embrace the Beauty of Crystal Lighting Fixtures
Intentionally, chandeliers and ceiling fixtures use crystal glass to create a visual focal point that draws the eye up and suggests a romantic, magical intimacy that other types of lighting simply cannot reproduce.
Classic chandeliers have arrays of hanging crystal prisms to illuminate a room with refracted light, while contemporary chandeliers assume a more minimalist design that use modern cut crystal prisms and illuminate a room with sparkling deflected light.
Modern chandeliers have a more modernized design that uses LEDs and combines the elements of both classic and contemporary designs; some are also equipped with refractive crystal prisms or small mirrors to maximize the volume of light illuminating a room.
Crystal Lighting Fixtures Offer Many Benefits:
- Timeless. Crystal is a material that never goes out of style.
- Versatile. Crystal can be classic, transitional, modern, you name it. It all depends on the designer’s imagination. Bottom line: if you like this material, you can find a way to make it work in your home.
- Festive. While we stand by the statement that you can use crystal in everyday settings, let’s face it: crystal’s natural sparkle can instantly elevate a space and make light dance on the ceiling; perfect for entertaining.
- Bright illumination. Crystals, by their very nature, provide excellent illumination through refracting light, which is one of many reasons crystal chandeliers are so popular in dining rooms.
- Easy maintenance. Regular dusting will keep your crystal light fixture sparkling. An occasional “deeper clean” with good old-fashioned soap and water can remove dirt and grime that might build up on crystals over time. How Can Crystal Lighting Fit into Your Space?
The most popular uses of crystal lighting are a dazzling crystal chandelier and sparkling pendant lights. However, a new trend in the use of crystal in table and floor lamps, and in the application of decorative crystal directly to the frame or body of lamps and other fixtures. No matter where it is used, crystal offers a one-of-a-kind look that can be treasured and enjoyed for generations to come.
Traditional crystal chandeliers are still popular in today's dining rooms, living rooms, and formal entry areas. A crystal chandelier makes a dramatic statement in any room with high ceilings, lighting up the full volume of the space. Trending today is hanging smaller crystal chandeliers in bedrooms, master bathrooms and walk-in closets along with hanging shimmering pendant lights in hallways and dens all to add elegance and create an upscale glam look and feel.