Congratulations on your new Home Concept Swag Pendant light! Our classic white pendant is designed to give you light exactly where you need it without having to hire an electrician.
How to Assemble your Swag
- Unwrap the entire 15’ cord so it hangs freely.
- Unscrew the Spider fitter knob. From the bottom, insert knob into your spiderfitter lampshade and hand tighten by turning clock-wise. (see #2)
- Position the plastic safety holder at the appropriate height and work the cord so it lays flat against the holder. (see #3)
- Insert your hooks into your ceiling and wall (see fig.#1) You will want to drill 2 small pilot holes. If you are unable to screw into a stud, use the enclosed anchors.
- Attach the plastic holder to the ceiling hook and loop the wire over the wall hook. Adjust the cord so shade hangs straight.
- Screw in a light bulb, plug in to your wall outlet, and flip the rocker switch.
- Pat yourself on the back for a great instant home makeover!
- Pendants are commonly positioned at 31” above the table or counter that they are lighting. Try that height first and adjust as needed.
- For more energy-efficient lighting, try a CFL or LED bulb.
- Never exceed a 150w bulb. WARNING: Incandescent bulbs get HOT so be sure you have 2” clearance for every 50watts. (so if you use a 100w incandescent bulb, leave 4” clearance from any part of your lampshade.) CFL and LED bulbs generate much less heat per watt and are a much safer choice if you want to use a narrow lampshade.
- Too bright? You can add a dimmer switch (see LampsUSA.com and search for “dimmer”) Dimmers don’t work well with CFL or some LED light bulbs.
- For more great lighting solutions, visit LampsUSA.com or HomeConcept.com