How to Install a Chandelier Page 2
Posted on May 23, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Install your light right, the first time with these tips:
- For this project we will need a Screwdriver and Wire Cutters.
- Go to the Breaker Box and turn off the power and lights. Make sure power is cut off to the electrical junction box by using a volt-meter. CAUTION: Merely checking by flipping the light switch may not always be accurate.
- Once the power is off carefully remove the old light fixture and mounting hardware. Attach the new bracket to the existing electrical box.
- When assembling your light fixture, avoid laying it on the ground as this can cause unnecessary scratches and dents, instead assemble the fixture on its cardboard box.
- Hang the fixture before putting the glass on as this will make it easier to hang the fixture, you might want some additional help while you hang the fixture. Wait until the very end to install any finials or decorative accents to reduce the chance of dents and scratches.
- Once you determine where you want the fixture to hang, feed the wire through the bracket. Cut off any excess wire, leaving about 3" of excess. Strip off both ends of the wire. Connect the white wire to the white wire and twist them together with a wire connector. Do the same for the black wire and the same for the copper brown wire. (Caution: Don’t cut the wires until you are POSITIVE you have the right height. Chandeliers should hang about 30 inches above your table.)
- Hide the wires and attached the canopy. Put the glass on and then the light bulbs.
- Turn the power back in at the breaker box, Then turn the light back on and enjoy.
- If you run into any problems in the installation please contact your license electrician, today we installed the six light chandeliers from the Golden Origins collection.
Popular Categories in Chandeliers
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on June 18, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Making your living room or family room the most comfortable, relaxing place in your home is everyone’s goal. Should be easy, right? However, we all know that creating a spot to relax takes a lot of work! Living rooms get more use than any other room in the house and need to be able to flex to accommodate multiple needs without requiring a great deal of effort. With this in mind, here are some great idea generators and solutions that will assist with making your living room the center of comfort, laughter, relaxation and making memories!
Posted on June 08, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Aging eyes are only half as effective as a younger pair. Older eyes have trouble seeing distances, distinguishing colors and looking at small fonts and other details. The glare that younger people do not mind is a major setback for older people because of their sensitivity to it. All these complications come along with age. Proper lighting becomes the most important tool to help seniors maintain their active lifestyle. Inadequate lighting makes it harder to do daily tasks and can be really unsafe. With a few adjustments, seniors can see better, live safer and happier lives. First let’s look at what is happening to our eyes as we age.
Posted on June 05, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
The biggest question we get these days is “What can I do to save on my electric bill?” We’ve found that most people want to conserve, but not if it costs lots of money or if the light doesn’t meet their standards. Today’s energy efficient lighting options are economical and provide superior light. Here are some great ways you can reduce your energy consumption and save $ today.
Have you seen this?
Related Shopping:Chandeliers Category
Chandeliers On Sale
Top 10 Chandeliers
View all Chandeliers
$196.97 $327.80 0 left!
$327.80 $491.99 In StockQuickShip
View all Chandeliers
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog