How to Install a Chandelier
Install your light right, the first time with these tips:
- For this project we will need a Screwdriver and Wire Cutters.
- Go to the Breaker Box and turn off the power and lights. Make sure power is cut off to the electrical junction box by using a volt-meter. CAUTION: Merely checking by flipping the light switch may not always be accurate.
- Once the power is off carefully remove the old light fixture and mounting hardware. Attach the new bracket to the existing electrical box.
- When assembling your light fixture, avoid laying it on the ground as this can cause unnecessary scratches and dents, instead assemble the fixture on its cardboard box.
- Hang the fixture before putting the glass on as this will make it easier to hang the fixture, you might want some additional help while you hang the fixture. Wait until the very end to install any finials or decorative accents to reduce the chance of dents and scratches.
- Once you determine where you want the fixture to hang, feed the wire through the bracket. Cut off any excess wire, leaving about 3" of excess. Strip off both ends of the wire. Connect the white wire to the white wire and twist them together with a wire connector. Do the same for the black wire and the same for the copper brown wire. (Caution: Don’t cut the wires until you are POSITIVE you have the right height. Chandeliers should hang about 30 inches above your table.)
- Hide the wires and attached the canopy. Put the glass on and then the light bulbs.
- Turn the power back in at the breaker box, Then turn the light back on and enjoy.
- If you run into any problems in the installation please contact your license electrician, today we installed the six light chandeliers from the Golden Origins collection.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
There’s an epidemic out there, and it’s boring many into indifference. Does your space suffer from Flush Mount Over-saturation?
What is flush mount over saturation? That’s a great question. Flush mount over-saturation is the unchecked use of overproduced "boob" lights.
Yeah, not exactly the way one likes to describe a light. So we have the cure...
Don't test your luck with an opportunistic criminal. If your home is vulnerable, it will be far more likely to be intruded upon, ruining your sense of safety and security forever.
Fret not, as security steps like these are super easy to achieve. Stay Safe!
Bathroom lighting is an experience, often overlooked, that shapes the way you start your day. Having beautiful, and even, lighting is a great way to start off a day, whereas uneven lighting with harsh shadows can negatively impact one’s outlook - without them even realizing it.
For most, bathroom lighting is the first lighting they truly experience each day. In other words, it's how the tone for the day is set.
Have you seen this?
Chandeliers On Sale
Top 10 Chandeliers
View all Chandeliers
View all Chandeliers