Caring for Tiffany glass
Posted on May 23, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Adding a Tiffany lamp can create a colorful focal piece for your room. Here are a few tips to care for your new tiffany light.
- New Tiffany Shades often are shipped with a thin protective sealer. This can be wiped off with a clean cloth when you unpack it.
- Cleaning in the future is the same. Wipe down with a clean damp soft cloth.
- To reseal your shade, you can wipe it down once a year with a good quality Lemon Oil. This will help seal the copper foil and will prevent glass from getting dusty.
- The beading that connects the glass pieces in Tiffany style lamps is copper foil; they no longer use lead based material. When the shade is being made, it is dipped in a solution that darkens the copper and takes away its shine.
Tiffany lamp buying tips
- LampsUSA only sells genuine Tiffany glass shades. But even true glass is sometimes mistaken for a plastic. Why? Because when you tap it it sounds like plastic. In reality it has this sound because of the construction technique. Art glass is poured out as a liquid into thin sheets allowed to cool then cut into different sizes and shapes. When the pieces of Art glass are totally encased in the copper bead, it tends to dull the sound.
- The beauty of Tiffany glass is in the multi-colored rainbow of attractive glass panels. Be aware of the colors and try to match them with your current décor. But remember, the whole point of having a colorful tiffany lamp or tiffany light fixture is to add a burst of color, so don’t be afraid to introduce new colors to your room.
- Consider using energy-saving CFL bulbs with your new tiffany shade. CFL bulbs work great with tiffany since most users want a little brighter, whiter light that will make the shade explode with color. And since genuine glass panels are thick, you need lots of light to penetrate these panels.
- Remember that Tiffany glass is made through a delicate process that cannot be turned into an exact science. This means that there will always be slight variations in color, even between two of the same lamps.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on June 19, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Why should you upgrade your lighting? The answer is simple; because it pays you back BIG when it is time to sell. Why not let the next buyer of your home pay for your lighting? Plus you get the added benefit of enjoying a fine living experience. What's there not to love?
Posted on June 18, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Making your living room or family room the most comfortable, relaxing place in your home is everyone’s goal. Should be easy, right? However, we all know that creating a spot to relax takes a lot of work! Living rooms get more use than any other room in the house and need to be able to flex to accommodate multiple needs without requiring a great deal of effort. With this in mind, here are some great idea generators and solutions that will assist with making your living room the center of comfort, laughter, relaxation and making memories!
Posted on June 08, 2015 by Steve Brielmaier | 0 comments
Aging eyes are only half as effective as a younger pair. Older eyes have trouble seeing distances, distinguishing colors and looking at small fonts and other details. The glare that younger people do not mind is a major setback for older people because of their sensitivity to it. All these complications come along with age. Proper lighting becomes the most important tool to help seniors maintain their active lifestyle. Inadequate lighting makes it harder to do daily tasks and can be really unsafe. With a few adjustments, seniors can see better, live safer and happier lives. First let’s look at what is happening to our eyes as we age.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Browse All Products
View all Browse All Products
$95.99 $157.99 A few left!
$79.99 $169.99 In StockQuickShip
$49.99 $63.99 In StockQuickShip
$59.99 $79.99 In StockQuickShip
$59.99 $79.99 A few left!QuickShip
$39.99 $120.00 In StockQuickShip
View all Browse All Products
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog