Task Lighting Buyer's Guide in Buyer's Guides
Wondering how to choose the perfect Task Lamp? A home that is well-lit by the right lighting fixtures is a home that is comfortable to live in. As such, every homeowner, including you, should take the time to choose task lighting for each room in the house. For instance, your home office can do well with bright light to provide you with enough illumination to see your work clearly. On the other hand, other rooms in your home will do better with soft lighting.
To cut a long story short, you should be able to choose the right task lamp so that you can do your task with ease because you have all the illumination you need. But, just like with buying other things for your home you still have to make sure that you pick the best one.
Selecting the Right Task Lamp
So, here a few things you need to consider when looking for task lamps to install in your home.
- Consider the natural light that is available in your home - When you take note of how much natural light from the sun filters through your home, you will be guided on the areas that need additional task lighting. If you notice that a certain part of the room is bathed in bright light during daylight, you might want to limit the number of task lights to purchase for that area. On the other hand, if not enough sunlight filters through the windows even during the day, you might have to buy a number of task lights to provide extra illumination.
- Think about the activities you regularly do at home and which of these require more light - Whether you are fond of puttering with the pots and pans in your kitchen or you simply enjoy relaxing with a needlepoint project in your free time, you really need to provide yourself with ample lighting to make those activities more enjoyable. What’s more? The task lights you get for these activities can guarantee that your eyes are not harmed because of insufficient light.
- Pick out the rooms in your home that need task lighting - For sure, there will be rooms in your home where you prefer doing things. Examples of these are the following:
Reading area or den
The reading area should have a bright task lamp. A bright desk lamp can prevent eye strain which is helpful in preventing eye damage in the long run. With bright task lamps in the reading area, you can keep headaches away. Thus, you will surely enjoy reading as well as other activities like writing letters or completing puzzles.
Your kitchen is another part of the home that requires task lighting. The dangerous nature of the activities you do in your kitchen is reason enough to get additional task lighting. More importantly, you need enough light to read recipes and to see the ingredients as they cook as well as other practical things. For kitchens, common task lighting fixtures are under cabinet lights that provide extra illumination to supplement the ambient light.
Here is another place that needs task lighting. That is if you are fond of reading right before sleeping. A good bedside lamp can give you enough light to see the words on the pages quite clearly.
Task Lamps Buying Tips
Unsure about How to Buy a Task Lamp? When buying a task lamp you also have to consider other things aside from functionality. Here are the things you need to think about.
- Consider the décor of the room that needs task lights - Whether you want a desk lamp for reading or pendant lights for your kitchen counter, you have to consider the design of the room you want to place task lighting. This is to make sure that your room has a solid theme, from the décor to the light fixtures. There are actually lots of choices out there.
- Find which light source you can live with - Different task lights differ in the light sources they provide. There are lamps and lights that have incandescent bulbs. There are also those with fluorescent, halogen, and LED. You have to remember that incandescent lamps are more suited for ambient lighting rather than task lighting. This means that your options are among halogen, LED and fluorescent lamps.
- Go with the latest Trends - Today, more and more task lamps are equipped with full-spectrum bulbs. Full spectrum lamps are designed to mimic natural sunlight. Hence, the light these lamps produce are really bright and white. The bright light provides enough illumination for tasks like sewing, reading, and cooking. More importantly, these lamps do not produce glare which often causes eye strain.
- In conclusion, choosing a task lamp requires you to do your homework. This means you have to bear in mind the pointers you just read about how to choose a task lamp to fit your living space as well as to provide you with enough illumination for tasks that require lots of light.
Other Related Articles in Buyer's Guides...
Lampshade Buyer's Guide
Reading lamps need a wider shade to provide plenty of light.
Consider the Room - What is the color and style of your room? Will the lamp have a starring role or compliment its surroundings?
Crystal Clear Lamp
Crystal Clear is popularly known for its fine detailing, excellent quality and designs. The designs also vary from traditional, modern and contemporary to suit personal tastes. They are considered as treasures of today and heirlooms of tomorrow.
Crystal Clear lamps were produced in a wide variety of types such as: table lamps, ceiling lamps, bathroom fixtures and floor lamps. Crystal Clear lamps usually have fabric lampshades with a solid metal base. The fabric lampshades offer an amazing variety of fabrics to choose from. The solid metal base also offers a wide variety of rich finishes that can suit the décor of your home.The lampshades are also available in wide variety of shapes and colors such that they suit and enhance the environment you choose to place them.
Full Spectrum Buyer's Guide
Full Spectrum lamps harness the full range of UV light that the sun provides. Full spectrum lamps cast a clean and true light, and effectively emulates the sun. This is especially useful for those who benefit from this type of light. Artists, readers, craftspeople, or those who are unable to spend much time in natural sunlight benefit from balanced, full spectrum lamps
Task Lamp Buyer's Guide
Having trouble sewing, reading, or typing because of inadequate and improper lighting? A task lamp should allow you to do these intricate and detailed work with the least eye strain and troubles. Such lamps have been specifically designed so that you are provided with proper illumination to efficiently perform task or hobbies that require extensive lighting.
Looking for the perfect task lamp does not have to be as hard as you might think it is. You only need to keep in mind a few factors and tips and you should be on your merry way of enjoying your new task lamp in your workplace.
How to Buy a Wall Sconce
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Task and Craft Lamps
View all Task and Craft Lamps
View all Task and Craft Lamps