Lighting for Students
A student’s work space can be a simple study table with a comfortable chair, or in many cases, wherever. This means that this work space is a vital part of any student’s life. Now, a work table with scratch paper, pens, pencils, erasers and other items is still incomplete without proper lighting. The right lighting fixture can make a student’s study time more productive and pleasurable.
Here are some suggestions for lighting fixtures that a student or parent with a school-aged child (whichever category you might belong to) may want to purchase.
- Alarm Clock Table Lamp - You can also do well with an alarm clock table lamp. The lamp can give ample illumination for reading tons of homeowner. The alarm clock feature ensures that you wake up early the next day.
- Clip-On Desk Lamp - A small study table can use a handy clip on lamp to provide additional lighting. This is particularly helpful if your table holds a lot of school books, notebooks and other items.
- Combination Floor Lamp - This combination lighting fixtures is great for general lighting and even task lighting. You can benefit from the illumination that gives the whole room as well as focused light for reading.
- Fluorescent Desk Lamp - Fluorescent lamps give a cool light that lessens eye strain. Because of this characteristic, a fluorescent desk lamp is a good buy. Furthermore, these lamps have bulbs that are energy- saving.
- Lava Lamp - Who says you cannot get enough light from a decorative lamp? You can with a lava lamp that comes in different colors and designs.
- Rope Light - A rope light is more of an accent light. However, you can still use it to give your desk ample lighting for your various reading tasks.
Other Related Articles in Blog...
Practice What You Pin.
LampsUSA is a company that is highly active in the Pinterest community. The whole staff loves seeing the innovative and creative lighting ideas/concepts conjured up all over the world. In a sort of arts and crafts alchemy, Pinterest users have brought to light great repurposing, hacking, and reshaping ideas that have transformed the way the LampsUSA creative team thinks about the company’s products.
It’s because of this creative shimmer that the team has decided to roll up its sleeves and do its best to practice what they pin.
Round One – Discount Lamp Shade Redecoration
LampsUSA offers a colorful array of discount lamp shades for sale. This is not about those shades.
The LampsUSA staff grabbed a handful of economy shades that were as simple both color and shape as possible.
4x6x6 Brown / Parchment Chandelier Clip-On
The team used a sharpie and doodled a quick contour map (not to scale) to take advantage of the vintage map paper aesthetics already in place.
5x8x7 Black CLIP ON Empire Hard Back Lampshade
New desk lamp with cloud accents
The team used a crafter's knife to cut out cloud shapes, then used spray paint to paint shade from black to midnight blue. Using a can of spray on adhesive, the team applied some parchment paper to create translucent white clouds.
5x8x7 Empire Linen Edison Clip-On Lamp Shadehref="http://www.lampsusa.com/products/homeconcept-empire-linen-edison-clip-on-lamp-shade-light-oatmeal-5-x-8-x-7-050807ehlo"> http://www.lampsusa.com/products/homeconcept-empire-linen-edison-clip-on-lamp-shade-light-oatmeal-5-x-8-x-7-050807ehlo
Starting with some masking tape, the team created a fun pattern on the shade
For this project, the team created a make-shift paint booth and wore proper protection of course.
Paint issues came up due to lack of expertise, so the team changed gears on the fly and added in some acrylics to cover up the runny spray paint.
So-so results aesthetically speaking – best result was the fun in creating it.
An Insider notebook from the 2016 Dallas Lightovation tradeshow.
The next time you go shopping for a new light fixture, you may be stunned by the innovation in technology and the bold styles you discover. The lighting industry is experiencing explosive change as designers explore new materials and apply new technology to a perhaps mundane market. Here are the most interesting and impactful trends that you will notice in the next few years:
LampsUSA is proud to add Pay with Amazon
LampsUSA customers can now checkout quicker when using our new Pay with Amazon checkout.
Easier Shopping on ANY Device
Whether you are at home on your laptop or on-the-go browsing your phone, you can checkout quickly with your one Amazon login. No more fumbling for credit cards!
Safe and Secure Transaction
Keep your personal information secure because you don't have to re-enter your payment information. Just login to Amazon and checkout in one-touch.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Task and Craft Lamps
View all Task and Craft Lamps
View all Task and Craft Lamps