Lighting for Students
A student’s work space can be a simple study table with a comfortable chair, or in many cases, wherever. This means that this work space is a vital part of any student’s life. Now, a work table with scratch paper, pens, pencils, erasers and other items is still incomplete without proper lighting. The right lighting fixture can make a student’s study time more productive and pleasurable.
Here are some suggestions for lighting fixtures that a student or parent with a school-aged child (whichever category you might belong to) may want to purchase.
- Alarm Clock Table Lamp - You can also do well with an alarm clock table lamp. The lamp can give ample illumination for reading tons of homeowner. The alarm clock feature ensures that you wake up early the next day.
- Clip-On Desk Lamp - A small study table can use a handy clip on lamp to provide additional lighting. This is particularly helpful if your table holds a lot of school books, notebooks and other items.
- Combination Floor Lamp - This combination lighting fixtures is great for general lighting and even task lighting. You can benefit from the illumination that gives the whole room as well as focused light for reading.
- Fluorescent Desk Lamp - Fluorescent lamps give a cool light that lessens eye strain. Because of this characteristic, a fluorescent desk lamp is a good buy. Furthermore, these lamps have bulbs that are energy- saving.
- Lava Lamp - Who says you cannot get enough light from a decorative lamp? You can with a lava lamp that comes in different colors and designs.
- Rope Light - A rope light is more of an accent light. However, you can still use it to give your desk ample lighting for your various reading tasks.
Other Related Articles in Blog...
America's best wood lamp finials are handcrafted by Picinae Studios because they specialize in creating infinite design possibilities using the natural characteristics of wood. Their designs highlight the natural beauty of wood, and create an artistic appeal that complements other fine surroundings. Each piece that’s made is numbered and signed, giving it its own identity with its own unique wood color and grains. They are cut free-hand, and highly polished to add depth, clarity and tactile quality.
The woods are selected for their color, grain and natural properties like durability, malleability, hardness and weight. Most of the woods come from local mills in North America, like Maple, Cherry and Black Walnut. Other woods used are Bocote, Morado, Ebonies and Cocobolo.
The trends in bringing back the restoration style of the 50’s are matched by the comeback of light fixture designs of the 60’s. Interior design nowadays just has lots of modern and old-fashioned options to suit most every taste. Retro pendants are making a huge comeback.
Pendant lights are also known as drops or suspenders. These hanging lights can immediately add life to an otherwise boring space. Pendant lights are generally used for their decorative aspects. They just look great installed in rows or placed individually in certain spots in your home. Additionally, they not only give your living space a facelift, they also provide useful illumination.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Task and Craft Lamps
View all Task and Craft Lamps
View all Task and Craft Lamps