Description and Features
Affordable makeover – Need new lighting but don’t have the budget for it? Change up your lampshades instead. Get something elegant and contemporary like the Golden Beige Cut Corner Softback Shade by Dolan Designs.
Soft and sophisticated – The square cut corners on its softback natural finish gives this shade a sophisticated feel. Its silky sheen texture is finished in beautiful Golden Beige.
Great for small spaces – With the square shape of this shade, you can position it closer to your walls, freeing up more space for other items in your home.
Made by a renowned brand – This lamp shade is designed and manufactured by Dolan Designs. Anyone who owns a product from this brand should know of its quality style and craftsmanship.
- 8" Top x 14" Bottom x 12" Slant Height
- Brown powder coated spider
- 3/4" Spider Drop
- Please measure your existing shade, a new harp may be needed for a proper fit.
- Maximum suggested wattage for this shade is 150 Watts
- This lampshade is designed and manufactured by Dolan Designs
This shade includes a Spider FitterThe top of this shade is fitted with a `Spider` fitter, designed to fit on top of a harp. The spider is aptly named with multiple arms which extend out from a central ring to the edges of the top of the shade. The ring sits around the screw thread at the top of the harp, fastened by a screwed-on finial.
The shade does not come with a harp - typically the harp, a two-pronged loop of metal which comes up around the light bulb and joins at the top, is a part of your lamp base. If you need a new harp to go with your shade, see our selection of shade harps.
If your old harp is damaged or missing, or is not the correct height, you may need a new harp so that your new shade will be positioned correctly. Shades with a spider fitter typically have a `drop` of 1/2" to 1" where the spider arms recess downward into the shade to hide the top of the harp. Unless you a replacing an existing shade with a shade the same size you may need a different-sized harp.
You may want to measure from the top edge of the shade down to the center of the fitter. This makes the fitting less visible when viewing the lamp from the side but does raise the position of the shade by the drop distance. Also keep in mind you may prefer not to see any of the socket or bulb when viewing from the side.
See our Lamp Shade Buyer's Guide for more information.
Measuring a Square or Rectangular Lamp ShadeSquare/Rectangular shades are typically measured with three or more dimensions:
- Top: Since square or rectangular shades have flat sides, or appear as a `box` when viewed from above, the top dimension is usually simply the width of the top of the shade along one edge. However, for a rectangular shade, the width is wider than the measurement from front to back, so you may need to measure both the top width (left to right) and the top depth (front to back).
- Bottom: Since sqare or rectangular shades have flat sides, or appear as a `box` when viewed from below, the bottom dimension is usually simply the width of the bottom of the shade along one edge. However, for a rectangular shdae, the width is wider than the measurement from front to back, so you may need to measure both the bottom width (left to right) and the bottom depth (front to back).
- Slant Height: The diagonal height/length measured in a straight line from the top edge of the shade to the bottom edge. Measure in the middle of the side of the shade from top to bottom. For shades with curved sides, continue to measure the slant height in a perfectly straight line.
For more information, see our Lamp Shade Buyer's Guide
Free Design Secret: Add a Finial!A new finial on top of your shade can personalize your new lampshade! Show off your individual flair by finishing your lamp in grand style! Browse for a new lamp finial.
A finial features a screw-thread designed to fasten on top of your lampshade, to secure it to the harp. Decorative finials, designed to complement the style of your lamp base and shade, can add an extra touch of class or character.
Browse All Finials
Learn how to choose lamp shades with our Lamp Shades Buyer's Guide
Also see our how-to's and tips on 7 Home Improvement Projects You Can Finish in a Day!
Also see our how-to's and tips on Find the Perfect Lamp Shade Shape
Also see our how-to's and tips on How to Recover a Lampshade
We've shopped for you!
You're getting the the lowest prices, guaranteed!
Thousands of items are on sale every day. Plus you're tax-free unless you live in Wisconsin or California.
Want a different price? Contact us for a personalized quote.
Safely checkout with our world-class encryption.
Trusted by over 100,000 customers, your private and payment data is secure and will not be shared.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and Paypal. Credit cards can also be processed through Paypal.
Spend $49 to get Free Shipping (contiguous USA), or use the shipping calculator above.
Most other items ship for $9 in 1-3 business days (contiguous USA). QuickShip items ship out the next business day.
Depending on your location, shipments take on average 3-5 business days or up to 7-10 from coast to coast. We ship from multiple locations.
You will receive tracking numbers by email when your items ship out, via Fedex, UPS or USPS.
You'll be able to track the packages online or on our site.
You can also talk to our team of experts at any time, or Live Chat.
Enjoy 30 days for easy returns. See our return policy for details.
We replace breakages/damages/missing parts etc for free.
Every item is covered under our extended 1-year warranty.
Guides you might find useful...
In Buyer's Guides: Lamp Shades Buyer's Guide
In How-To's & Tips: 7 Home Improvement Projects You Can Finish in a Day!
In How-To's & Tips: Find the Perfect Lamp Shade Shape
In How-To's & Tips: How to Recover a Lampshade
Once you purchase a new shade cover in a fabric and size that matches your existing lampshade, slip it over the shade and you're done! Updating your room’s décor, renewing an old lampshade, or providing a burst of color takes only minutes when you use a shade cover.
They are form fitting, removable and stretch to fit most lampshade sizes. They give your lamp and your room a whole new look, it is like getting a whole new lamp! Shade covers also protect brand new lampshades and keep them fresh for years to come.