How to Install a Chandelier
Posted on May 23, 2014 by Daniel | 0 comments
Install your light right, the first time with these tips:
- For this project we will need a Screwdriver and Wire Cutters.
- Go to the Breaker Box and turn off the power and lights. Make Sure light is off by checking the light switch.
- Once the power is off carefully remove the old light fixture and mounting hardware. Attach the new bracket to the existing electrical box.
- When assembling your light fixture, avoid laying it on the ground as this can cause unnecessary scratches and dents, instead assemble the fixture on its cardboard box.
- Hang the fixture before putting the glass on as this will make it easier to hang the fixture, you might want some additional help while you hang the fixture. Wait until the very end to install any finials or decorative accents to reduce the chance of dents and scratches.
- Once you determine where you want the fixture to hang, feed the wire through the bracket. Cut off any excess wire. Strip off both ends of the wire. Connect the white wire to the white wire and twist them together with a wire connector. Do the same for the black wire and the same for the copper brown wire. (Caution: Don’t cut the wires until you are POSITIVE you have the right height. Chandeliers should hang about 30 inches above your table.)
- Hide the wires and attached the canopy. Put the glass on and then the light bulbs.
- Turn the power back in at the breaker box, Then turn the light back on and enjoy.
- If you run into any problems in the installation please contact your license electrician, today we installed the six light chandeliers from the Golden Origins collection.
Popular Categories in Chandeliers
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on May 21, 2015 by Stephen Twining | 0 comments
Seven easy home improvement projects that can be finished in a day. From your front door through every room in the house, you'll find a project that will enhance your home, improve your life and give you a sense of accomplishment. All you need is one day to make your home a happier place!
Posted on May 21, 2015 by Karla Penecilla | 0 comments
May is National Home Improvement Month! And there is no better time than right now to start planning your next home improvement project.
Posted on May 08, 2015 by Daniel Brielmaier | 0 comments
Kitchen lights need to be bright, straightforward, and “down-to-business”. Depending on the layout of your kitchen, finding the right lights can help increase efficiency and attractiveness of your work area. LampsUSA has a variety of effective kitchen lighting products that will help you maximize the use of kitchen islands, granite counter-tops, and under-the-cabinet spaces.
Have you seen this?
Related Shopping:Chandeliers Category
Chandeliers On Sale
Top 10 Chandeliers
View all Chandeliers
$599.00 $898.99 In Stock
$639.00 $958.99 In Stock
View all Chandeliers
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog