Caring for tiffany glass
Posted on May 23, 2014 by Daniel | 0 comments
Adding a Tiffany lamp can create a colorful focal piece for your room. Here are a few tips to care for your new tiffany light.
- New Tiffany Shades often are shipped with a thin protective sealer. This can be wiped off with a clean cloth when you unpack it.
- Cleaning in the future is the same. Wipe down with a clean damp soft cloth.
- To reseal your shade, you can wipe it down once a year with a good quality Lemon Oil. This will help seal the copper foil and will prevent glass from getting dusty.
- The beading that connects the glass pieces in Tiffany style lamps is copper foil, NOT lead based material any longer. When the shade is being made, it is dipped in a solution that darkens the copper and takes away its shine.
Tiffany lamp buying tips
- LampsUSA only sells genuine tiffany GLASS shades. But even true glass is sometimes mistaken for a plastic. Why? Because when you tap it it sounds like plastic. In reality it has this sound because of the construction technique. Art glass is poured out as a liquid into thin sheets allowed to cool then cut into different sizes and shapes. Then when the pieces of Art glass are totally encased in the copper bead, it tends to dull the sound.
- The beauty of tiffany glass is in the multi-colored rainbow of attractive glass panels. Be aware of the colors and try to match them with your current décor. But remember, the whole point of having a colorful tiffany lamp or tiffany light fixture is to add a burst of color, so don’t be afraid to introduce new colors to your room.
- Consider using energy-saving CFL bulbs with your new tiffany shade. CFL bulbs work great with tiffany since most users want a little brighter, whiter light that will make the shade explode with color. And since genuine glass panels are thick, you need lots of light to penetrate these panels.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on May 21, 2015 by Stephen Twining | 0 comments
Seven easy home improvement projects that can be finished in a day. From your front door through every room in the house, you'll find a project that will enhance your home, improve your life and give you a sense of accomplishment. All you need is one day to make your home a happier place!
Posted on May 21, 2015 by Karla Penecilla | 0 comments
May is National Home Improvement Month! And there is no better time than right now to start planning your next home improvement project.
Posted on May 08, 2015 by Daniel Brielmaier | 0 comments
Kitchen lights need to be bright, straightforward, and “down-to-business”. Depending on the layout of your kitchen, finding the right lights can help increase efficiency and attractiveness of your work area. LampsUSA has a variety of effective kitchen lighting products that will help you maximize the use of kitchen islands, granite counter-tops, and under-the-cabinet spaces.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Browse Everything
View all Browse Everything
$140.99 $219.99 A few left!
$49.99 $99.99 In StockQuickShip
$99.99 $219.99 In StockQuickShip
$79.99 $129.99 In StockQuickShip
$49.99 $63.99 In StockQuickShip
View all Browse Everything
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog