Energy Saving Lighting Tips Page 8
Posted on May 22, 2014 by Ed | 0 comments
The biggest question we get these days is “What can I do to save on my electric bill?” We’ve found that most people want to conserve, but not if it costs lots of money or if the light doesn’t meet their standards. Today’s energy efficient lighting options are economical and provide superior light. Here are some great ways you can reduce your energy consumption and save $ today.
- CFL Bulbs – These swirly Compact Fluorescent Bulbs are a great first step. Pick an area you need bright light, where dimming is not necessary. Like your basement, closet, or outside. If you already have these areas covered, think where else you could use them. Your favorite reading lamp? Bathroom vanity? Hallway light? For every bulb you use, you will reduce your energy usage by up to 75%, and the bulb will last for many years!
- Ceiling Fans– Reduce your air conditioning bill by installing more ceiling fans and run them more often. Be sure fan runs counter-clockwise in the summer to provide constant air movement to cool you down naturally. Bonus tip – run the fan clockwise in the winter to keep warm air from gathering on the ceiling. The clockwise motion will move the warm air out towards your walls and down, keeping you toasty.
- Energy Saving Light Fixtures– Energy Star now certifies hundreds of light fixtures. Most come with Energy saving bulb included. The most common uses are closets, hallways, lamps, outdoor, but feel free to use your imagination.
- Photocell / Motion Detector lights– Many outdoor lights come with an integrated Photocell, so you never have to worry about the light being left on all day. Motion lights are great theft deterants too.
- Task Lighting– Why drown a room with light when you only need intense light in one spot? Sounds like a job for a good task light.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room –Pretty simple, because the most energy efficient light is the one that is turned off.
- Install a Dimmer –Dimmers are great for using only the light you need, saving you money. Plus you get the added bonus of "setting the mood" and making your room look better.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on May 22, 2014 by Ed Lecciones | 0 comments
No matter where you are in your college career, your dorm or apartment is going to be your home away from home for most of the year. You want to make sure that the space is comfortable, and that it reflects your personality.
Posted on May 22, 2014 by Daniel Brielmaier | 0 comments
Best Lights are known for their energy-efficient products, as well sturdy durability built into their lighting fixtures designed to keep your lamps and lightbulbs working great throughout the years. Choosing products from Best Light is a cost-effective, practical option, especially if you’re looking to decorate several rooms in a house with lighting fixtures. Aside from being environmentally-friendly, their products are also visually appealing, retaining a sense of innovative artistry that is clear in their clean-cut designs.
Posted on May 20, 2014 by Daniel Brielmaier | 0 comments
Why should you upgrade your lighting? The answer is simple; because it pays you back BIG when it is time to sell. Why not let the next buyer of your home pay for your lighting? Plus you get the added benefit of enjoying a finer living experience. What's there not to love?
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Browse Everything
View all Browse Everything
$139.99 $219.99 A few left!
$49.99 $99.99 In StockQuickShip
$99.99 $219.99 In StockQuickShip
$79.99 $129.99 In StockQuickShip
$49.99 $63.99 In StockQuickShip
View all Browse Everything
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog