Energy Saving Lighting Tips Page 3
Posted on May 22, 2014 by Ed | 0 comments
The biggest question we get these days is “What can I do to save on my electric bill?” We’ve found that most people want to conserve, but not if it costs lots of money or if the light doesn’t meet their standards. Today’s energy efficient lighting options are economical and provide superior light. Here are some great ways you can reduce your energy consumption and save $ today.
- CFL Bulbs – These swirly Compact Fluorescent Bulbs are a great first step. Pick an area you need bright light, where dimming is not necessary. Like your basement, closet, or outside. If you already have these areas covered, think where else you could use them. Your favorite reading lamp? Bathroom vanity? Hallway light? For every bulb you use, you will reduce your energy usage by up to 75%, and the bulb will last for many years!
- Ceiling Fans– Reduce your air conditioning bill by installing more ceiling fans and run them more often. Be sure fan runs counter-clockwise in the summer to provide constant air movement to cool you down naturally. Bonus tip – run the fan clockwise in the winter to keep warm air from gathering on the ceiling. The clockwise motion will move the warm air out towards your walls and down, keeping you toasty.
- Energy Saving Light Fixtures– Energy Star now certifies hundreds of light fixtures. Most come with Energy saving bulb included. The most common uses are closets, hallways, lamps, outdoor, but feel free to use your imagination.
- Photocell / Motion Detector lights– Many outdoor lights come with an integrated Photocell, so you never have to worry about the light being left on all day. Motion lights are great theft deterants too.
- Task Lighting– Why drown a room with light when you only need intense light in one spot? Sounds like a job for a good task light.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room –Pretty simple, because the most energy efficient light is the one that is turned off.
- Install a Dimmer –Dimmers are great for using only the light you need, saving you money. Plus you get the added bonus of "setting the mood" and making your room look better.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on March 08, 2015 by Daniel Brielmaier | 0 comments
Light fixtures are a perfect way to change the overall feel of any room setting. Builders and contractors often view lighting as an afterthought rather than a critical style element. The right lighting fixture can transform a room into something new, unique and exciting. LAMPSUSA offers a huge selection of the finest lighting products. LAMPSUSA carries the latest lighting styles from America's leading manufacturers including Quoizel, Uttermost, E.L.K., Kichler, Dale Tiffany, Designers Fountain, Quorum, Monte Carlo, Murray Feiss, Dolan Designs, Lite Source and more.
Posted on July 16, 2014 by Ed Lecciones | 0 comments
6 OUT OF 10 HOMES in America have Distressed Outdoor Lighting Disease YOURS MAY BE ONE OF THEM
Does your home suffer from the following symptoms:
- Cheap brass or painted fixtures that can't withstand winter storms or summer sun
- Unattractive Outdoor Lights that don't match the style of your home
- Plain “builder model” outdoor lights that are just too small
- (Front lights should be about 25% as high as your front door)
- The strange feeling that your old light fixtures are hurting your “curb appeal” and dragging down your home's value?
Posted on June 23, 2014 by Ed Lecciones | 0 comments
Upgrading your outdoor lighting is one of the quickest ways to improve your curb appeal. Plus you get the added bonus of making your home safer and more secure. But how do you make the right choice? Learn a few tips from the lighting pros at LampsUSA.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Browse Everything
View all Browse Everything
$140.99 $219.99 A few left!
$49.99 $99.99 In StockQuickShip
$99.99 $219.99 In StockQuickShip
$79.99 $129.99 In StockQuickShip
$49.99 $63.99 In StockQuickShip
View all Browse Everything
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog