Energy Saving Lighting Tips
Posted on May 22, 2014 by Ed | 0 comments
The biggest question we get these days is “What can I do to save on my electric bill?” We’ve found that most people want to conserve, but not if it costs lots of money or if the light doesn’t meet their standards. Today’s energy efficient lighting options are economical and provide superior light. Here are some great ways you can reduce your energy consumption and save $ today.
- CFL Bulbs – These swirly Compact Fluorescent Bulbs are a great first step. Pick an area you need bright light, where dimming is not necessary. Like your basement, closet, or outside. If you already have these areas covered, think where else you could use them. Your favorite reading lamp? Bathroom vanity? Hallway light? For every bulb you use, you will reduce your energy usage by up to 75%, and the bulb will last for many years!
- Ceiling Fans– Reduce your air conditioning bill by installing more ceiling fans and run them more often. Be sure fan runs counter-clockwise in the summer to provide constant air movement to cool you down naturally. Bonus tip – run the fan clockwise in the winter to keep warm air from gathering on the ceiling. The clockwise motion will move the warm air out towards your walls and down, keeping you toasty.
- Energy Saving Light Fixtures– Energy Star now certifies hundreds of light fixtures. Most come with Energy saving bulb included. The most common uses are closets, hallways, lamps, outdoor, but feel free to use your imagination.
- Photocell / Motion Detector lights– Many outdoor lights come with an integrated Photocell, so you never have to worry about the light being left on all day. Motion lights are great theft deterants too.
- Task Lighting– Why drown a room with light when you only need intense light in one spot? Sounds like a job for a good task light.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room –Pretty simple, because the most energy efficient light is the one that is turned off.
- Install a Dimmer –Dimmers are great for using only the light you need, saving you money. Plus you get the added bonus of "setting the mood" and making your room look better.
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Posted on May 21, 2015 by Stephen Twining | 0 comments
Seven easy home improvement projects that can be finished in a day. From your front door through every room in the house, you'll find a project that will enhance your home, improve your life and give you a sense of accomplishment. All you need is one day to make your home a happier place!
Posted on May 21, 2015 by Karla Penecilla | 0 comments
May is National Home Improvement Month! And there is no better time than right now to start planning your next home improvement project.
Posted on May 08, 2015 by Daniel Brielmaier | 0 comments
Kitchen lights need to be bright, straightforward, and “down-to-business”. Depending on the layout of your kitchen, finding the right lights can help increase efficiency and attractiveness of your work area. LampsUSA has a variety of effective kitchen lighting products that will help you maximize the use of kitchen islands, granite counter-tops, and under-the-cabinet spaces.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 Browse Everything
View all Browse Everything
$140.99 $219.99 A few left!
$49.99 $99.99 In StockQuickShip
$99.99 $219.99 In StockQuickShip
$79.99 $129.99 In StockQuickShip
$49.99 $63.99 In StockQuickShip
View all Browse Everything
More Guides:Buyer's Guides
We know you're thinking about shopping - get informed and make a great decision with our buyer's guides!Lighting Galleries
View the hottest trends in interior design and get inspired to give your rooms a makeover!Get The Look
Want a sneak peek into what America's best interior decorators are using this year? We bring you the HOTTEST room looks. Plus we show how you can "get the look" from America's top lighting designers for lessBlog
Catch up on the latest news, trends and stories through our dedicated LampsUSA Blog