Where to begin?
Light fixtures are a perfect way to change the overall feel of any room. Some builders and contractors often view lighting as an afterthought rather than a critical style element. The right lighting fixture can transform a room into something new, unique and exciting. LampsUSA offers a huge selection of the finest lighting products. LampsUSA carries the latest lighting styles from America's leading manufacturers including Quoizel, Uttermost, E.L.K., Kichler, Dale Tiffany, Designers Fountain, Quorum, Monte Carlo, Murray Feiss, Dolan Designs, Lite Source and more.
Any interior designer will tell you that good lighting is the most important element of home decorating. Whatever the style, the lighting in a room sets the mood. The versatility of lighting fixtures allows you to express your individual taste and style. General Lighting is the most basic form of lighting, also known as "ambient" lighting, and is used in place of natural sunlight. It enables us to see what we're doing from walking across the room to playing with toys with your kids. It can be accomplished through the use of lamps, chandeliers, ceiling or wall mounted fixtures. It is fundamental to any home or room.
Flush mount ceiling and sconce wall light fixtures can create a warm and inviting atmosphere, while providing you with the ambient lighting you need to greet guests and assure safety throughout your home. Chandeliers add sparkle and drama to a room, while pendants are best for task lighting. Accent Lighting adds intrigue, drama and flare to any room. Use it to focus attention on artwork, highlight architectural features, or set a mood. The key to accent lighting is to provide at least three times as much light on the focal point as the ambient light around it.
You'll find the perfect fixture to light up any home or office. LampsUSA is the premiere online source for lamps and lighting, offering selection, price, and convenience. Save 20-50% off suggested list prices everyday. Our everyday prices often beat other "builder discount" pricing.
Stop at our Lighting Tips section for more great decorating tips. We want to make it easy and fun for you to find the perfect light fixture.
Select from our Lighting Products, Styles, Finishes and SALE
Interior Lighting BasicsMost interior lighting is focused more on function and serves a purpose instead of decorating a room. This is not the case at LampsUSA, where the selection of interior lighting is both beautiful and practical.
The interior lighting choices at LampsUSA are impressive with a style to fit any need and decor. Consider a traditional pendant light with a single lamp and an attractive glass shade. A wall sconce can be a pleasant addition to a room and can serve not only as a source of light, but as a conversation piece as well.
Flush mount fixtures are found overhead in nearly every room of the house and are available in a number of attractive metal finishes and colorful glass shades. For the bathroom, LampsUSA has an outstanding selection of fixtures that mount on the wall and bring light and beauty to any bathroom.
LampsUSA also offers a splendid choice of traditionally styled fixtures that are both modern while reminiscent of days gone by.
No matter which hard-wired interior lighting fixture you choose, LampsUSA has the style, color and size to fit most any home at the lowest prices anywhere!
Other Related Articles in How-To's & Tips...
Making your living room or family room the most comfortable, relaxing place in your home is everyone’s goal. Should be easy, right? However, we all know that creating a spot to relax takes a lot of work! Living rooms get more use than any other room in the house and need to be able to flex to accommodate multiple needs without requiring a great deal of effort. With this in mind, here are some great idea generators and solutions that will assist with making your living room the center of comfort, laughter, relaxation and making memories!
Eliminate Clutter and Add Function
This can be a major challenge as you’ll want to keep access easy and quick for the items needed for everyone’s favorite activities. The key is in providing a storage location so that these items out of the way (and out of sight) when they’re not being used. Here are a few tips that can help.
1. Coffee tables with lift tops and storage: Many of the new designs of coffee tables include some great features that really make them a multi-use marvel. With a lift top, it’s easy to bring a lap top or tablet close enough to use on a surface without hunching over or having to manage everything in your lap. While it may not be a good all day substitute for a desk or table, this is a great feature and can eliminate the need for an additional piece of furniture to create a temporary desk while on the sofa. Another big benefit with many new tables is hidden storage below the lift top, creating space that is perfect for card decks, game boards and hand held devices.
2. Ottomans: There’s a great reason that ottomans are so popular. They serve three valuable purposes! Perfect for putting your feet up while relaxing, great as an additional seating option for young visitors and ideal for blankets and pillows for family movie night!
3. Cabinets and chests: Bulky games, DVDs and video game controls used to have a home in the old TV cabinet. However, with the adoption of flat screen TVs, a lot of available storage has disappeared along with that old tube TV. A wall or corner doored cabinet can be a great replacement option, giving an easy way to hide clutter while keeping organized easy access. Angled bookcases are another lower priced option and, while they don’t provide the hidden qualities of a doored cabinet, you’ll be able to keep frequently handled items within easy access.
4. Occasional and End Tables: End tables can be a remarkable aid to organization. Select an end table with a drawer, bottom shelf and a magazine rack side and you’ll have the best friend a clutter fighter ever had! Toss the remotes in the drawer and slide your magazines and newspapers in the side rack. Some end tables even have pull-out shelves with built in drink coasters to truly maximize the use of a small footprint. Occasional tables are always useful, providing convenience for guests but easy to move out of traffic paths when not needed.
Balanced Lighting for a Room of Many Uses!
While we all enjoy its benefits, lighting can be a bit daunting to think about in any manner other than the broadest of terms. It’s perhaps easiest if we think of lighting as three basic types: ambient lighting, task lighting and accent lighting. When we break lighting down into these classifications, it can become much easier to create a space that meets the needs of every family member and favorite living room activities.
1. Ambient Lighting: Experts will advise beginning with the ambient light, as that is the general, everyday lighting for the living room. Frequently when we talk about ambient lighting, we’re referring to recessed or enclosed ceiling lighting that is lit by flipping a switch when you walk into the room as well as the natural light coming through windows or skylights. Another example of a source of ambient lighting would be torchiere style floor lamps which send lighting up walls and onto ceilings. A great pro tip is to install dimmers for the wall controlled ambient light. That way you can take the lights down while watching TV or when a peaceful and romantic mood is desired.
2. Task Lighting: While youngsters can often study in near darkness, as we get older we need stronger light for reading, doing craft work or just playing a game of cards. And, with the multiple user aspect to the living room, having lamps that can provide strong bright light as needed is a necessity. A popular trend is the use of Full Spectrum lamps for task lighting, as these lamps will provide the closest alternative to natural sunlight.3. Accent Lighting: Are there unique or attractive features in your living room that deserve a shout out? Accent lighting can be used to illuminate artwork, plants and bookcases as well as fish tanks and aquariums. Accent lighting also adds texture to a room by creating visual points of interest so, in planning lighting for the living room, it can be time well spent to think about elements within the room that will deserve special attention. Accent lighting can be fun, dramatic or just plain functional, but it will add nuance that gives a room a finished look.
Display Your Passions with Accent Pieces
What are your special passions? What makes you feel comfortable and relaxes you? What makes you smile and laugh? These are the kinds of questions that are answered with well-considered accent furniture pieces. Make your space reflect the interests and passions of you and your family by thinking through the following tips.
1. Flowers and plants can bring unique energy to your living room and the choices are endless! From beautiful dried plants to enormous leafed ferns to exotic cacti, plants give your living room a sense of peace and an emotional center that is extremely satisfying. Kids love being involved in the plant selection process so make sure to get their point of view while identifying options. However, if small children and pets are around, be sure to research any health risks associated with specific types of house plants to avoid any potential issues.
2. Accent and Home Decor Pieces: Accent pieces are so varied in style and design that it can seem daunting to begin the selection process. One trick is to select a favorite hobby or activity for family members and friends and find an accent that will bring them to mind upon sight. Accents can sit on shelving, atop mantles or on coffee tables. For true overachieving functionality Jedi masters, find accents with dual purposes, such as unique bookends or quirky picture frames.
3. Framed Photographs: Speaking of pictures, the living room is the ideal location for displaying cherished photographs of family members, friends and loved ones. Oversized frames with multi-sized picture slots are great for keepsake photos of family, while discerning decorators are always on the look-out for unique frames for holding memories both old and new.
4. Decorative Art: Framed wall art is the most universal accent as well one with the most variety in available options. From reproductions of museum masterpieces to framed movie posters, you have an endless universe of choices to reflect the passions and interests of your family. Local art shows are an excellent way to find one of a kind pieces that will generate conversation and evoke memories.
5. Mirrors and Clocks: Mirrors are a great way to maximize the natural light in a room. Simply place opposite any window and they’ll naturally reflect and spread the sunlight coming into your room. And don’t forget about clocks which, in addition to their obvious function, can be an awesome way to bring another visual accent to your living room!
Time For Fun and Games!
Now that we’ve straightened up and accessorized the living room, it’s time to plan for having fun and enjoying relaxing evenings. A good approach is to make a list of the activities that you and your family enjoy. Then, create an environment that can quickly and easily accommodate everyone’s favorites so that it becomes easy to say “yes” when a suggestion is offered and so that your home becomes a destination spot for friends and small gatherings.
1. Game Room: Games with family and friends are always a favorite activity. However, they’re so much more fun to host with a bit of preparation. Keeping a folding table and chairs in a nearby closet will make setting up for adult and teen board and card games a quick and easy process. As for the youngsters, the floor is always the preferred and safest location so make sure that you’ve got blankets and pillows conveniently located (that’s where the storage ottomans come in handy!). Lighting is important for all games and good solutions to consider are easy-to-install swag lights or Full Spectrum floor lamps. Don’t forget coasters and napkins stored in a convenient drawer to make everyone comfortable. From bridge to Magic to Candy Land, you’ll be ready for game night!
2. Entertainment Lounge: The days of just turning on a TV set have given way to massive 21st century home entertainment systems. But some things never change and, ultimately, what’s really important is being able to hunker down in a comfortable spot to enjoy some excitement. You’ll want to be able to dim the lights without being forced to sit in the dark or break the mood with turning on a bright light to grab drinks or snacks. A corner torchiere lamp is a great option, directing light up and away from sight lines, providing enough illumination to see without distracting from tonight’s feature presentation!
3. Peaceful Library: For many of us, there is no greater gift than quiet time with a good book. Hunkering down to read with a comfy afghan and throw pillow sounds great, but no one enjoys squinting or having to sit in an uncomfortable spot in order to be able to see the pages. Placing a floor reading lamp behind the sofa can work wonders. Many of the styles available have adjustable lamp heads, allowing the light to be redirected to accommodate multiple users and each of their “favorite spots”. With 3-way bulbs, the light’s intensity can be modified based upon time of day and the preferences of the user.
Sum It Up!
Today’s living room fills many roles. It needs to do service as a party room, game room, entertainment complex, dining area and perhaps the perfect napping spot! With a bit of planning and organization, you’ll be prepared for all possibilities. The ideal living room is reflective of the personality of the owners, with a calm welcoming spirit that puts guests at ease immediately. Whatever passions you and your family enjoy, create a living room that celebrates your life and invites others to spend time in comfort and joy.
Have you seen this?
Bath Lights On Sale
Chandeliers On Sale
Pendants On Sale
Flush Mounts Category
Flush Mounts On Sale
Semi Flush Mounts Category
Semi Flush Mounts On Sale
Outdoor Wall Lights Category
Outdoor Wall Lights On Sale
Outdoor Post Lights Category
Outdoor Post Lights On Sale
Top 10 Lighting
View all Lighting
View all Lighting