LED Light Bulb Tips in Buyer's Guides
- They can last more than twice as long as CFLs
- LEDs instantly illuminate
- Many LED bulbs are dimmable
- LEDs are ideal for areas where having to regularly change light bulbs is not feasible
- They are mercury-free
Tips on Buying LED Light Bulbs
Not all LED bulbs are alike. Because the bulb should fit in the lamp, you need to choose a shape, size and base configuration that matches the bulb being replaced. It is important to consider the light color and intensity.
- Bulb shape. There are four basic types of LED bulbs: A-line, candle bulbs, spotlights and floodlights. Other shapes exist, although they are less common. Bulb shape matters because LEDs are directional. If you need your LED bulb to light up a wide area, select one that is designed for this purpose.
- Base configuration. This pertains to the shape of bulb when attached to the fixture. If you have any doubts about the base configuration that you should look for, it would be best that you bring an old bulb to the store to serve as your guide. When buying online, use the site’s given measurements and photographs.
- Bulb color. When choosing a color, consider two elements: color rendering (how well the light shows the true color of objects) and temperature. The higher the temperature, the brighter the white.
- Light intensity. Light intensity is measured in lumens. If you are replacing a CFL or incandescent bulb with an LED bulb, look for one that produces the same number of lumens that your old bulb has. Do not use watts as a measure of brightness, as it measures electricity usage and varies from various bulb technologies.
Tips on Using LED Light Bulbs
The harsh and sterile light of LED bulbs with their high price tags can dissuade homeowners from making the switch for their home. Enjoy the benefits of LED without spending a large amount of money with these tips.
- Install LED bulbs in hard-to-reach fixtures. A big advantage of LED bulbs is their long life, making them ideal for light fixtures where bulbs are a pain to replace. This includes pendant lamps and recessed lights on high ceilings.
- Use LED lights in heavy traffic areas. Install the LED lights in areas where much activity happens, like the living room or kitchen. You will notice the reduction in your energy bills!
- Improve your task lighting with LEDs. The clean and bright light of LEDs makes them perfect for task lighting. Use LED in your kitchen workspace or desk for clear lighting that will reduce strain on your eyes.
- Fit outdoor flood lights with LED bulbs. Compared to the more popular large halogen bulbs, LED bulbs use less energy, so you can keep them on all night will less worries. Also, they do not have to be replaced as often.
- Accent art and architectural features with LED. There are LEDs sold in very small sizes, allowing them to be inconspicuous. The clean light of LEDs allows artwork and architectural features to be presented as naturally as possible.
Browse LED Lighting Fixtures
LED Ceiling Lights
LED Flush Mounts
LED Wall Sconce
LED Outdoor Lighting
Other Related Articles in Buyer's Guides...
How to Buy a Wall Sconce
Lampshade Buyer's Guide
Reading lamps need a wider shade to provide plenty of light.
Consider the Room - What is the color and style of your room? Will the lamp have a starring role or compliment its surroundings?
Crystal Clear Lamp
Crystal Clear is popularly known for its fine detailing, excellent quality and designs. The designs also vary from traditional, modern and contemporary to suit personal tastes. They are considered as treasures of today and heirlooms of tomorrow.
Crystal Clear lamps were produced in a wide variety of types such as: table lamps, ceiling lamps, bathroom fixtures and floor lamps. Crystal Clear lamps usually have fabric lampshades with a solid metal base. The fabric lampshades offer an amazing variety of fabrics to choose from. The solid metal base also offers a wide variety of rich finishes that can suit the décor of your home.The lampshades are also available in wide variety of shapes and colors such that they suit and enhance the environment you choose to place them.
Full Spectrum Buyer's Guide
Full Spectrum lamps harness the full range of UV light that the sun provides. Full spectrum lamps cast a clean and true light, and effectively emulates the sun. This is especially useful for those who benefit from this type of light. Artists, readers, craftspeople, or those who are unable to spend much time in natural sunlight benefit from balanced, full spectrum lamps
Task Lamp Buyer's Guide
Having trouble sewing, reading, or typing because of inadequate and improper lighting? A task lamp should allow you to do these intricate and detailed work with the least eye strain and troubles. Such lamps have been specifically designed so that you are provided with proper illumination to efficiently perform task or hobbies that require extensive lighting.
Looking for the perfect task lamp does not have to be as hard as you might think it is. You only need to keep in mind a few factors and tips and you should be on your merry way of enjoying your new task lamp in your workplace.
Have you seen this?
Top 10 LED Lights
View all LED Lights
View all LED Lights